Scotcheroos

One of my favorite desserts is scotcheroos. It's easy to make, doesn't require any cooking, and has both peanut butter and chocolate. :) Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on which way you look at it), scotcheroos are also one of my husband's favorites. I've made them about a million times the traditinonal way. Double the recipe if you want to make them in a 9 x 13 pan.


Scotcheroos
1 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup crunch peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chocolate chips

Heat corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter on low, low heat until warm. Stir in rice krispies. Put into 8 x 8 pan. Melt chips and spread on top.

Because I made these so often, I've gotten quite creative in my presentation of Scotcheroos. For example, for Matt's birthday, I made a Scotcheroo layer cake (same recipe).


And for my work Christmas party this year, I'm making Scotcheroo Balls (although I'm not calling them that... maybe I will call them Butterscotch Bon-Bons or something). Again, same recipe. Just roll them into balls and dip in chocolate!


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP