New Camera / Random Pics

Today I got my NEW CAMERA!!! Finally! I’ve been taking pics all day – testing it out. It’s not fancy, by any means (just a point-and-shoot), but way better than our old camera we had for forever.

With flash.  Oh, that's bright!
No flash.  That's a little better...
I'm starting to roll 1/4 of the way over, from my back to my side...
Avery and I spent the afternoon at Super Target Starbucks. She did a great job just chillin, looking around while I read about Ali and Roberto in People magazine and drank my white chocolate, 2 ½ pump, nonfat white mocha, with whip, and a petite vanilla scone on the side. :) Avery wanted some of my coffee, but I told her she already had her white mocha before we left. Ha ha ha…
Speaking of vanilla scones… I’m curious to all my bajillion (okay, 5) readers out there – how long did it take you to lose your baby weight, and what did you do to lose it? I have a few (okay, 9-ish) stubborn pounds left that seem to want to hang onto my tummy and hips. I think I may have discovered my problem today. I think that I’m actually not eating enough during the day, and then it backfires on me at night. Most times, I’m starving by like 5pm, eat a decent dinner, drink a big glass of water, wait an hour, and I’m still hungry. And it’s not like I-just-want-to-eat hungry. I do know the difference. So my *new* game plan (SO not a diet) for the next few weeks is to 1) drink lots more water – a glass before breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and 2) eat more for breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the day in hopes I won’t be so hungry at night. We shall see! The good news is I’m really not self-conscious about my body, even though it’s about 5 times worse looking than pre-Avery. There’s a certain amount of appreciation and respect I have now for my body and what it did for me, and continues to do for me. Anyway, enough about that. :)
Avery looooves her swing.  Thanks to our neighbors James and Laura for letting us borrow it.  It plays fancy music - and lets you hook up your ipod to it!  Avery likes to chew on the little purple ears. 
She has also been loving her teething ring.  Grandma R first introduced Avery to it, and she was hooked ever since.  Notice her wet shirt.  That's what happens when I don't put a bib on her!  Must be more teeth coming soon!

Mrank  – (August 19, 2010 at 3:19 AM)  

Wow. I get a white mocha with only 2 and 1/2 pumps of chocolate in it. I always thought I was a high maintenance customer, but maybe the secret about the perfect amount of chocolate is out!

alan and steph  – (August 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM)  

girlie - you have more than 5 readers - I'm confident of it!
Don't be too hard on yourself about the weight! It took me a long time to lose all my baby weight. I would say exercise was probably what did it for me... and not eating so much junk ;)
BTW - speaking of junk - I just made your Choc. Chip Cookie recipe last night.... YUMMY!!!

Leah  – (August 19, 2010 at 1:37 PM)  

Not sure if my comment worked.... delete it if it posts twice! :)

Kiley, we almost drink the same drink! I am a 2 pump, whole milk white mocha though! Maybe that's why I can't drop the weight! ;) Are you drinking decaf or normal? I think I need to invest in a play mat. Where'd you get yours? Looks like we have the same or very similar swing as the one you're borrowing. Liv loves it, I have to force myself not to let her nap in it too much. Love ya!

Sorefam  – (August 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM)  

love the pics...makes me miss you guys....maybe you and i can get together with the littles ones once wyatt starts kindergarten! so glad to hear your reading about ali and roberto....i truly think they'll work out! :) as for the baby weight, give it time...and remember you are your worst critic. one the downside, things will never be exactly as they were before. however, i have been able to get in better shape after each kid but that doesn't mean everything will be as it was before. exercise is key and i find that even though i do it everyday, i still am not back in to the shape i want to be in until i quit nursing (~10mos-1yr for me) as my body seems to hang on to about 5lbs of extra 'cushion' and i also have more of an appettite when i am nursing....are you guys going to be around during the state fair..might be fun to go together?!

nick&abby  – (August 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM)  

girl, I still had 15lbs of baby weight when I got pregnant this spring...I could NOT get rid of it! Just take care of yourself and your body will do what it needs to do......I need to learn to take my own advice :)
LOVE the pictures! Avery is getting so big!

Caitlin  – (August 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM)  

Your body will often hang onto some weight until you quit nursing, then it'll just fall off. I was skinnier after I quit nursing Ki than before I was preggo with him (without really even trying). Here's hoping it works again...!

And now we know at least 6 people read your blog! Haha. I'm sure more are sneaking around though.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP