Avery is NINE MONTHS!

Avery had her nine month birthday about a week ago.  She was born March 29, 2010.  Hard to believe we are almost to a year!

Did I tell you how much I love my baby?  I think I tell her that at least 15 million times a day.  And I kiss her soft, warm cheeks at least 30 million times a day. 

Perhaps the cutest thing she's doing lately is that when she's sitting on the floor, she rocks back and forth when she gets excited, such as when I turn her CD of kid's songs on (which, Sharon, we LOVE!), or when I read her favorite book, Peek-a-boo Baby. 

She's starting to feed herself, which is really fun!  She loooooves puffs.  She does not care for cheese or tomatoes and spits them out every time.  I gave her some of our (pretty spicy!) veggies the other day from Kung Pao Chicken that I made, and she loved them!  It will be fun in the next few months to give her more and more different foods.

She is still nursing, usually 4 times a day.  She especially loves to nurse in the morning.  I'm still "enjoying" (as much as you can, anyway) nursing her, so we'll play it by ear for how long it continues.  I just read the other day that the World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until at least the age of 2!  We shall see about that!

Her nine month appointment went great.  She is almost 29 inches long and weighs 19 lbs. 

She has 8 teeth still, and no more yet. 

She stares at strangers.  Depending on her mood, she might smile, but usually it's just studying.  Today, for instance, we were checking out at Sam's Club, and she would not take her eyes off of the cashier!!  So serious. :)

She likes new things, new toys, new scenery, and whines if she's left in one place for too long.  Usually by 4pm I'm counting down the minutes until daddy gets home. :)  This afternoon was a particularly whiny one (she didn't want me to put her down and definitely didn't want me to leave the room if she was sitting on the floor).  But, funny how I'm still excited to see her little face in the morning.  :)

Avery Sue, I love you soooo much.  You are my baby.  I have so much fun with you, and I love you deeply, even when you whine all day long. :)  I'm so glad that God gave me YOU to be my baby.








 

Nate and Natalie  – (January 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM)  

Happy 9 Month Birthday Avery!!! You really are growing up so quickly. I love the pictures, priceless. It really is crazy how fast it goes. Look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Steph  – (January 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM)  

aww... 9 months!!! Crazy. Nora loves Peek-a-boo Baby too! :)

Christy  – (January 10, 2011 at 7:09 PM)  

wow, 9 months sure flew right on by! way to go on keeping up nursing...so many moms don't/can't stick with it, but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT if you can, in my opinion. and it just keeps getting better and better. just wait until she starts saying 'moh milk peeze???' ;) you're doing a great job with her, mama. and she is a cutie!! love that last smile!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP