Health Food / Triple Peanut Butter Cookies

We've been trying to eat a lot more healthy and live a little bit more "green" around here.  Small steps has been my motto.  A few things I've been doing: cooking with coconut oil, eating a ton of beans, nuts, and seeds, switching my Coffee Mate creamers for half-and-half, trying to use natural household cleaners as much as possible (ie vinegar and baking soda, soap nuts instead of laundry detergent, using natural body soaps), using a Norwex washcloth to wash my face, and we are contemplating getting 1/4 grass-fed cow... I think that's about it.  So nothing too major yet.  I don't at all intend to be a health food freak, but I am enjoying making small changes to our lifestyle and diet. 

Which brings me to the real reason of this post.

The.  Best.  Cookies.  Ever. 

Don't be deceived.  No, these are not health food cookies.  I haven't sold my soul, people.  I still enjoy a good ol' fashioned dessert every now and again.  So today I made Triple Peanut Butter Cookies.  If you even half the peanut butter and chocolate fan that I am, you will love these.  Here it goes...

Here's the dough:

 And here's the finished product.  Anyone else drooling?


Half Batch Triple Peanut Butter Cookies
6 T butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
heaping 1/2 cup Reeses pieces
heaping 1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 packages Reeses peanut butter cups (so you have 6 cups total)

Melt butter.  Whisk in peanut butter.  Add sugars, egg, and vanilla and stir with a whisk.  Add flour, soda, and salt and stir with a wooden spoon.  Add Reeses pieces and chocolate chips and stir until combined.  Scoop onto cookie sheet, pressing down slightly.  Cut Reeses peanut butter cups into small pieces and press onto the tops of the cookies.  Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes or until slightly underdone. :)  Eat warm with a glass of cold milk. 

Yum!  What a great day!

Karen  – (February 27, 2011 at 11:51 PM)  

As I'm reading this I'm thinking, She'd better have posted the recipe! Yummy! Guess what I'm making this week! Good thing I'm starting my intense exercising this week too....

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP