Cream Cheese and Apple Butter Stuffed French Toast

I'm not even done making these yet and I'm already starting a blog post about them.  The first batch is one the stove and they look SO GOOD! 

One of my favorite breakfasts my mom makes is stuffed french toast (stuffed with cream cheese and jelly).  I think I speak for all of my siblings when I say it's one of our all time favorites--up there with crepes and biscuits and gravy. :)  She hasn't made them lately - probably in a couple of years - because 99% of the time she has a new recipe! 

Lately I've been trying to think of a good fall breakfast to make for Thanksgiving and this came to mind.  Instead of the jelly I'm using apple butter.  I think I'll serve it with a sausage-apple side my sister told me about.  Mmmm.... heaven. 

Here's how you do it:

You must buy this special bread.  Super Target didn't have it, but Cub Foods did.  (This recipe won't work unless you have it.)

Spread cream cheese on one piece and apple butter on the other.  Smoosh together.
 Mix up your batter.  I use eggs, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and whole milk.
 Dunk sandwhich into egg mixture and cook in buttered skillet.
 Flip.  Smell the goodness.
 Serve with warm (real) maple syrup.
You know it's a good breakfast recipe if it could double for dessert! :)  We - okay, I - Matt took Avery for an errand - had this for dessert tonight and it hit the spot!

Let me know if you try it! 

Cindy  – (October 22, 2011 at 6:05 PM)  

You know it's a good breakfast recipe if it could double for dessert! LOVE IT!! I feel the same way : )

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP