Girls

A lot of people ask how I'm feeling about having another girl.  While in all honesty we were hoping for a boy this time, I am SO GLAD we are having another girl.  First of all, having at least one sister is PRICELESS--and even more, nothing compares with having a sister close in age.  So I know that both of my girls will get to go through life with a best friend!  And I get to go through life with two more best friends! :)  Oh, and boy names are impossible to think of!

Also, I read this quote the other day and for the life of me can't remember where I read it - probably on someone's blog - but anyway, I can't get it out of my head, partly probably due the fact that we just got back from a funeral.  Here's what is said (paraphrased):

When you give birth to your baby girl, you are meeting the one whose hand you will be holding when you die. 

Anyone else close to tears?

One day we will be thrilled if the Lord chooses to give us a boy, but for now, I for one cannot wait to meet this new little girl, and I cannot wait for Avery to meet her and one day play with her.  That will be a sweet day.


Those of you with at least one of each sex, I'll leave you with a question: Do you feel that bonding/attaching with your girl vs your boy is different? 

Cindy  – (January 11, 2012 at 3:04 AM)  

In tears?? How about outright crying!

B + A  – (January 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM)  

Oh my goodness Kiley, that was good! Two girls, how fun! I will say we wanted (and got) a boy the second time around too, but I did find myself mourning all the things you mentioned :) It just makes me pray that much harder for his wife, because she is the one who will be calling me! Congrats again!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP