A Good Week

I've probably said this a trillion times, but it has been SO NICE having helpers these past few weeks.  I haven't done a load of laundry in a month!  And I've only cooked a handful of meals.  It's been an amazing gift to be able to spend that time with my baby while others take care of the house. 

Because I've had so much time to be able to spend with my babe - or maybe because that's just the way she is - little Avery does not like to be put down.  Well, I take that back.  She likes tummy time - for about 2 minutes - maybe 3 if it's a good day.  She likes her swing - for 2 minutes.  She likes her little activity mat - for 2 minutes.  You get the idea.  One day she was okay in her bouncy seat the whole time while I took a shower, but that was ONCE.  She even likes to sleep while being held (although this is getting better!)  Here is a rare moment when she was content on her own just sucking on her little hand like always. 


This morning, Grandma W helped me give Avery a bath.  She actually likes it until I have to clean her smelly neck!  Oh, and her umbillical cord came out last night!  Speaking of last night - last night was Avery's best night so far.  She slept from 10-2:30 and 3-6... I actually felt refreshed this morning and haven't even napped today!  I was telling my mother in law - I can't remember the last time I prayed so hard for something.  When I put her in her bassinet after feeding her in the middle of the night, I am begging, BEGGING, the Lord to help her to sleep.  It gets quite ridiculous, when I think about it! :) 


Avery had her first night-out-on-the-town last night!  We took a date night to Chianti Grill - one of our favorites (get the Straw and Hay Tortellini it's amazing!)  Avery did so well.  I was rocking her carseat the whole time while I ate with my left hand, but all in all, I'd say it was a success.  Good job, Avery! 

Here is a picture before dinner.  Only the second time in a month I've worn "real clothes" - ie, non-sweats. :)  And the only reason my hair is done is because I got it cut earlier in the day and the lady curled it for me. ;)



nick&abby  – (April 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM)  

totally with you on the sweats...why get on nice clothes if you're not going anywhere? (or even if you are in most cases...) ;)
She's is precious...that's a great family picture of you guys!

LeAnn, Mike, Maddie & Katie  – (April 25, 2010 at 8:17 AM)  

I love that you rocked Avery all through dinner. For the sake of trying to eat with everyone else... or play board games, or whatever... you'll definitely learn a lot of baby-oriented multi-tasking tricks.

anna  – (April 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM)  

Kiley,
I totally feel every single thing you are saying. Ruby is a month old this week and I pray every night that she will sleep too! She slept about the same as avery last night and I feel pretty great this morning. Congrats on your precious little one!
Love, Anna Chang (formally anna yoder)

Sorefam  – (April 26, 2010 at 3:48 PM)  

you look beautiful! so great to see you this weekend...let me know how the 'monitoring the food intake' goes and if is makes a difference!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP