New Developments

There have been a few new developments in little Miss Avery's life!

1.  She started eating!  At first, she liked her bib more than her food.


But now she really likes eating real food!  At first I have her avacado.  She kind of liked it, then the third day she gagged. :)  So, I mixed in some sweet potato, and she loooooves it.  We also do banana.  For now, I'm only feeding her at "dinner" time, but next week I'm going to start lunch and dinner.  Does anyone have good suggestions for storing homemade baby food?  I bought ice cube trays, but the babyfood SO does not come out of them. 

2.  She is kind of sitting up.  For like 2 seconds.  With the help of our *new* boppy (I used My Breast Friend for nursing, but got the boppy recently - just to help her sit up). 

"Look mom, I'm sitting up!"
"I'm leaning for my toys."
"
"I'm kind of starting to tip..."
"
"Help!"

Needless to say, we need to work on this skill more!

3.  Avery is rolling over.  And over.  Which brings me to ....

4.  She is teething like no other.  You might be wondering how #3 and #4 go together... well, the other day I came into the living room to see that Avery had rolled over to this:

and was KNAWING on the leg!!!  I wish I had gotten a picture, but instead I snatched her up as to avoid further paint-ingestion. :) 

But anyway, she has 8 - yes, count them - 8 teeth!  All within a matter of a little over a month.  She is such a trooper.

Christy  – (September 19, 2010 at 9:40 PM)  

I laughed out loud about her chewing on the table leg. HILARIOUS!!! And I can't believe she has 8 teeth!! Norah only had TWO when she turned 1 year old! My favorite baby food storage method is the 'plop' method. I put a piece of Saran Wrap on a flat cookie sheet, then plop the baby food on it like I would cookies, (you can do whatever size you like,) then freeze. Take them out a few hours later, they peel right off the Saran Wrap, pop them in a Ziploc freezer bag and put them back in the freezer until you need them again. I didn't like the ice cube trays either. Good luck!

Caitlin  – (September 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM)  

Holy cats! Ella still doesn't have any teeth. (Although with all the gumming and drooling there have to be a couple on the way...sometime.)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP