Our Weekend

We had a great weekend visiting family in Iowa!  Maddie had a play that she was in - Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (I have been singing "Umpa Dumpa Doopidy Doo" all day!).  Maddie was a stellar Umpa Lumpa (I have NO idea how to spell that, sorry).  The play was fantastic.  It brought back so many memories - good and (okay, mostly) bad - of Ames Middle School.!!

Anyway, here is the star with her loads of flowers!

Avery woke up bright and early this morning, so she and I had some quality time putting Easter eggs in and out of the bowl.  We probably did this for 20 minutes straight.  Needless to say, one of her new favorite activities is putting things IN a container and handing them to me one by one as I dramatically say, "THANK YOU, AVERY!!!!"  :) 


Another highlight of her weekend was seeing the fake dog at Gma and Gpa's house.  They have a pretty good sized decorative dog in the toy room.  Avery would make her "woof woof" sound when she saw it and want to walk up close.  She'd stick her finger out to touch him but would not actually touch the dog.  She'd leave an inch or two between her finger and it.  If we got too close or if I tried to help her "pet" the dog, she'd get scared and want me to hold her.  Then we'd start all over!  I wish I would have gotten a picture and video.  It was a sight.  Next time!

After we got home this afternoon, we took Avery to the park so she could roam free in wide-open spaces. 
Little did we know that our trip to the park would be accompanied by a toy airplane show.  She was enthralled.  What a sweetie.


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP