Poor Man's / Fat Man's Guacamole

This week, some of our friends graciously invited us over for margaritas and guacamole.  Little did they know that this is up there for one of my all-time favorite meals. :)  The interesting thing was that she had a secret ingredient that I was completely shocked by: cottage cheese.  Yeah.  Sounds strange.  I agree.  But it was awesome.  So awesome, in fact, that the very next night I made guac and margaritas and paid it forward to some of our other friends. :)  Anyway, the reason I'm calling this guac Poor, Fat Man's Guac is because 1) avacados are pretty expensive and the cottage cheese stretches your dollar and 2) even though avacados are one of the healthiest things you can eat, they are by no means low-cal. :)  Oh, and as an added benefit, it for some reason doesn't turn brown!

I don't have an exact recipe for you, but here are the ingredients I use and a few tips for making it super yummy. :)

super ripe avacados - mashed until still a little chunky
lots of lime juice
fresh garlic - has to be fresh - minced really small
onion (I use red)
fresh cilantro
tomato - a really red, ripe one
lots of salt
pepper
real sour cream (as in not light)
and last but not least... cottage cheese!
serve with round bite-size chips

Enjoy!

nick&abby  – (July 24, 2010 at 9:34 PM)  

ooh yum! I'm making guac for a family thing Monday night...I may have to try this :) thanks for the tip :)

Nate and Natalie  – (July 25, 2010 at 8:37 AM)  

I'd have to agree it is delicious. Thank you for posting the recipe so I can share it with others. Hope to see you guys again soon.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP